Recycle Systems (RAP)
Recycling Work Horse
Take advantage of the savings realized through the use of recycled asphalt pavement (RAP) with Astec RAP systems. The systems are offered in a range of configurations, with a variety of conveyors, screens, grizzlies and crushers. The simplest system consists of one bin, a scalping screen and a conveyor that goes directly to the drum mixer.
The RAP system can be portable, stationary or relocatable. Options include bulkheads, wing walls, screens and grizzlies.
Materials separated by a screen can be crushed. Some systems can then separate lumps, break them up, and deliver that material to the drum along with the portions that passed through the screen.
Features & Benefits
- A walkway behind the bulkhead provides easy access for maintenance.
- Bin walls are made from 1/4 inch (.635 cm) thick steel plate with reinforced top openings.
- The very steep side walls of the RAP bins aid free flow.
- Standard air cannons keep RAP from compressing in the bin.
- The bin discharge opening is tapered to make it self-relieving.
- System can be customized with any number of bins.
Run More RapAll Astec RAP systems have bins that are built to last and specially designed to feed RAP. Customize your system with any number of bins.